Setting InfoPath Form URL Published as content type
I have created InfoPath form and publish as a content type in Forms library. Here want to keep URL of infopath form in link list and keep the list webpart in home page. Users instead of going to forms library they can click on that link and form gets open in browser. To achieve this I did below steps
1. Create a Link list Name: Form Links
2. Click on New : In URL Paste below URL & in Description give Name
14 hive and other SharePoint 2010 directories
1. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss - This directory (or the corresponding directory under the Inetpub root on the server) is used as the default location for IIS Web sites.
2. C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0 - This directory is the installation location for SharePoint Server 2010 binaries and data. The directory can be changed during installation.
3. C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\WebServices - This directory is the root directory where SharePoint back-end Web services are hosted, for example, Excel and Search.
4. C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Data - This directory is the root location where local data is stored, including search indexes.
5. C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Logs – This directory is the location where the run-time diagnostic logging is generated.
14 hive folders
1. Program Files\Common files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14 -
This directory is the installation directory for core SharePoint Server files.
2. Program Files\Common files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\ADMISAPI -
This directory contains the soap services for Central Administration. If this directory is altered, remote site creation and other methods exposed in the service will not function correctly.
3. Program Files\Common files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\CONFIG -
This directory contains files used to extend IIS Web sites with SharePoint Server. If this directory or its contents are altered, Web application provisioning will not function correctly.
4. Program Files\Common files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS -
This directory contains setup and run-time tracing logs.
5. Program Files\Common files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\Policy –
6. Program Files\Common files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\UserCode -
This directory contains files used to support your sandboxed solutions.
7. Program Files\Common files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\WebClients -
This directory contains files related to the new Client Object Model.
8. Program Files\Common files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\WebServices -
This directory contains new wcf or .svc related files.
Displaying Table/Control depend on the value of dropdown in InfoPath
1. Design InfoPath form as in below image. For the Application, Logistic and Network Access
Take Section control from Controls à insert table inside it and Name those sections as ApplicationGroup, LogisticGroup and NetwordAccessGroup then save the form.
2. Now those section should get displayed when appropriate value is gets selected from “Issue Type dropdown list”
3. Double click on each Group (e.g.: Application Group)
4. Click on Display tab à Conditional Formatting button
5. Click on Add buttonà From the conditional formatting dialog box do the following
a. Select the Field Name depend on which you want to display Group Controls
b. Second Dropdown select “is not equal to” option
c. Third Dropdown select “Type text” and type the value e.g. “Application” and select checkbox “Hide this control”
Click Ok, Ok and Ok
Note: the above condition says that if selected value is not equal to the value which is set then it’ll hide the control on which this condition is set. Likewise you can set to all controls.